Monthly Wrap Up | February 2014

Last month was a busy and special one for me. My son turned 1 year old! I can't believe that he's a year old already. I had a decent reading month, reading 6 books and 1 novella for a total of 7 books last month. So let's get on to what I read.

Vicious by V.E. Schwab (Victoria Schwab) - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. When I picked this book up, I was craving something different than what I typically read. This book was just what I wanted and more. Filled with action, plot twists, ExtraOrdinaries and some truly unique concepts made this book fantastic in so many ways.

Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi - Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. I read this one right before I dived into Ignite Me. I was team Adam in the first book, but everything started to shift once I read Destroy Me (#1.5). This book pushed me further away from Adam. Learning about his feelings for her as well as his priorities sometimes made me want to tell Adam to shut up grow up.

Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. This final book in this series was everything I wanted and more. I don't want to give too much away. But I was happy to see Juliette finally start to come into herself and be with the person that was helping her and lifting her up to do so. If you haven't read this series yet, please do, I don't think you'll regret it.

Wonder by R.J. Palacio - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. The feels this book gave me were all over the place. I loved this book so much. I was constantly wanting to reach in and give Auggie a hug throughout the whole novel. Such a beautiful story I think everyone should read.

Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover - Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. I haven't read too many New Adult books, but this one of my favorites so far. I really enjoyed the story and the characters. I felt that they were real characters, and the story kept moving forward without a lull in it.

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinback - Rated 4 out of 5 stars. I had to read this book for my Keystone Lit course and I'm glad because I've been wanting to read this one for a while and I don't know if I would have picked it up on my own or not. This novel was filled with so many different messages and truth that it was almost overwhelming at times, and not necessarily in a bad way. I really enjoyed this novel and the issues of America that it addresses.

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. There's so many amazing factors of this book. It's just so damn good. Check out my review for a bigger description of why its so awesome.

Reviews I Posted In February








Other Posts on the Blog 


How was your February reading month?



Comments