Let's Talk Books | Series I Need to Finish

It's about time I start calling myself out for not finishing series. I've made it a goal to finish up at least 10 series as one of my 2014 Bookish Resolutions. I'm not very good about finishing series, and that's for a variety of reasons. With some series, I'm not ready for them to end... I don't want to leave the world, the characters or the story. Other series I just haven't gotten around to finishing them. I've slowly been changing my ways to more of a marathon style to avoid having all these outstanding series, but I still have these to complete. I'm ashamed that some of them, I only have 1 book left! I mean, seriously Katie, can't you just read the last book and end the misery of not knowing what happens/having yet another series you haven't completed.

Here are the series that I need to finish:

Uglies series 

I started this series probably about 5 years ago and only read the first two books. I really enjoyed what I read and this was one of the first dystopian series that I encountered. I've been urging myself to re-read these first two and finish up this series. 

Delirium series 

I read the first book in this series last December. I don't know what took me so long to start this series! I enjoyed Delirium and since all books are out, I want to finish up this series and find out what all the talk is about. 

Sookie Stackhouse series

I have 1 book left in this series. ONE BOOK. This series has 13 books and I've read 12 of them. This is another world that I don't want to leave. I have thoroughly enjoyed these books and I'm not ready for it to end. But it's time, time to wrap up this series.

Percy Jackson series 

This is another one that I have 1 book left. I marathoned the middle books of this series last summer and I don't know I didn't just finish it up. I think it's another series that I'm not ready to end. However, I want to start The Heroes of Olympus and need to finish this series before I do start that one. 

Scott Pilgrim graphic novels series

I've read the first two in this series of six, I think? I really enjoyed the two that I read and wanted to continue it but I never got around to them. I'm thinking that I'll have to finish these this year.

Perfect Chemistry series

I read the first book last year and just got the last two in the series for Christmas so now that I have all books, I have no excuse not to finish this series this year.

Pivot Point duology

The second book, Split Second, just came out this month. I read Pivot Point last year and really enjoyed it so I can't wait to see how this duology concludes. From what I know, this is just going to be a duology. 

Anna Dressed in Blood duology

I read this book last Halloween and it was so creepy and good. I can't wait to see what happens to Anna and Cas in the second book, Girl of Nightmares. 

The Clann trilogy

I started this series last year, while I was looking for a paranormal romance series that I hadn't heard of before. This book was delightful and just what I was looking for. The final book came out within the last six months I think, so I should just marathon the last two and figure out what happens.

Incarnate trilogy

I love the unique world in this series! I have only read the first one and the final book recently came out in the last two months so I need to get on finishing this series! 

Starcrossed trilogy 

I love Greek mythology and therefore loved the first book, Starcrossed, in this trilogy. The final book came out last year and I should get to finding out what happens in this trilogy. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one :)...what completed series do you have yet to finish? Do we have any in common?


Comments