Book Review | Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Title: Unravel Me 
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publication: February 5th, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Bought it

Rating: 5 out 5 stars


Synopsis: 
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for her people like her - people with gifts - and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance. 

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from her plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more that she ever thought possible.


Review: This is one of my favorite series of all time. It's thrilling, passionate and addicting. I can't get enough of this series! 

I have never switched "teams" before. Once I have made up my mind I tend to stick with it. After reading the novella, Destroy Me, which falls in between Shatter Me and Unravel Me, I was understanding and liking Warner a little bit more. After reading Unravel Me, I am not only understanding Warner more but I am loving him more. I have to say that I have switched teams and am now a Warner girl. Of course it's more than the infamous Chapter 62 (*fans self*). 

The development of all the characters throughout this novel is fantastic. Tahereh Mafi does such an awesome job with her characters and the world that they live in. I loved watching Juliette grow stronger and more confident, as well as Adam gaining more of a softness to his character and Warner becoming something I never thought he could be, a somewhat decent person. Not only did I have the pleasure of watching these characters grow, but I enjoyed how their relationships grew as well (especially between Juliette and Warner). 

I have to give special recognition to Tahereh Mafi for her writing. I cannot get enough of her writing. I love the poetic stream of thoughts that flow so beautifully onto the page. I have not encountered such beautiful writing before. I truly appreciate the beauty of the writing as well as the story in this series. I hope that Tahereh Mafi never stops writing and I can honestly say that I will pick up and read anything she writes. 

If you haven't gotten into this series yet...what are you doing?! No but really...please, please, please read this series. I cannot recommend it enough and I can honestly say that those that I have recommended it to ended up loving it. I hope you love it too!

Have you read this one and if so, what did you think of it? Are you team Warner or team Adam? Are you excited/nervous/sad/anxious for this series to end with Ignite Me? 








Comments