Monthly Wrap Up | April 2014

First and foremost an apology for my absence at the end of last month, but I have one word why I was absent.....FINALS. I know I'm not the only one out there who had finals, but we all know they suck time and just all around suck. Anyways moving on, I had a decent reading month...reading a total of 9 books. So let's talk about 'em.

Books Read

 The Bone People by Keri Hulme- I had to read this one for class. While it was interesting I found it a bit hard to get through at times. Rated this one 3 out of 5 stars.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - This one has been hyped up so much, I think I let the hype get to me a little bit. While I enjoyed this one, and it surprised me, it didn't blow me away. More to come in a full review next week. Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars.

White Cat by Holly Black (audiobook) - Jesse Eisenberg is the voice for this book and that was my favorite part. It took me 2 months to work my way through the book though, it just didn't really keep its intrigue for me. Rated this one 3 out of 3 stars.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - This book was better than City of Bones. I'm working my way to get caught up for City of Heavenly Fire later this month, I don't think I'll make it, as I'm still reading City of Glass, but as long as I avoid spoilers for it, I don't mind. Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars.

Every Day by David Levithan - This book was more than I thought it would be. I loved, loved, loved all the amazing and differing elements that Levithan put into this book. The way that A lives non-judgmentally and free-loving was a fresh breeze. Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars.

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson - I went into this book thinking it was a fantasy and I was way off. I had a little disappointment, but that's because I thought the book would be something completely different than what it was. However, after I told myself to get over it, I really enjoyed the book. The writing was awesome, the story was unique, I have found myself recommending this book to a few people. Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars.

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas - This book was amazing. There were so many amazing elements in this story that I was hooked and pulled along through the pages. I couldn't stop thinking about this amazing world. I wasn't too impressed with the writing (the footnotes through me off) but the story and world were so good that I couldn't stop reading, but at the same time I wanted to take my time so I could live in the world just a little longer. Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars.

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch - OMG. THIS BOOK WAS SO F'N GOOD. SERIOUSLY. I know this one doesn't come out until October and I'm sad that I read it so early that I can't share how good it is with anyone because barely anyone has read it (if you have, let's talk about it!!) I had to read it so it could be passed on to another reviewer, but I'm thankful to have the chance to read it! If you haven't caught my drift in the first line, just know that this book was amazeballs. Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars.

Life on Mars by Tracy K. Smith - This was a required reading book for my poetry class. Therefore, it is a book of poetry and a very good book of poetry. I loved the variety of poems and the beauty of the poet's voice. Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars.


March Reviews


Other Fun Posts I did in March


How was your April reading month? What was your favorite book you read in the month?

Comments