Book Review | World After by Susan Ee

Title: World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
Author: Susan Ee
Publication: November 19th, 2013
Publisher: Skyscape
Source: Borrowed from the library

Rating: 5 out 5 stars


Synopsis: Warning: This is the second book in a series, do not continue if you are trying to avoid spoilers from the first book, Angelfall. In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world. 

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?

Review: Warning: May contain Angelfall spoilers. After reading the second book of this series, I am a full supporter and believer of the hype surrounding this series. I loved this book even more than I loved Angelfall. 

I loved the further development of Penryn, she is one of the most awesome heroines that I have ever read. Though I was a bit disappointed at the lack of Raffe throughout the majority of this book, Penryn kept me fully entertained until he peeks back in. Penryn rocks because of her sensible and strong attitude along with her determination and courage. 

I was happy to get some much-needed answers to some of the questions that develop into the first book. I don't want to give any spoilers in here, but I have to say that along with some answers also come some more deeper questions. Ee does such a good job of giving you just enough to hook you and keep you on the line. 

Ee has done an amazing job continuing to develop this world. This series is unlike anything I have ever read before and it has stuck with me since I started reading it earlier in the year. I would recommend this book for anyone that enjoys post-apolyptic books, kickass heroines, or an interest in seeing a different take on angels. Check it out :) While you do that, I'll be over here, anxiously awaiting the release of the next book in the series. 


Have you read this one and if so, what did you think of it? What do you think on this take on angels?   




Comments

  1. I have Angelfall and I really need to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I hope you enjoy it. I think World After is better, so even if you didn't get all the love the first one, try the second one too :) Happy Reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)