Monthly Wrap Up | June 2014

Jane Austen said "If a book is well written, I always find it too short." I felt this way about a couple of books I read this month. Let's talk about the 8 books I read in June.

Books I Read in June

1. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty - Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. This is an adult book that was pretty good. I enjoyed the plot twists and I never was able to guess what was coming next. See my review for more details on adult page-turner of a book. 

2. Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. Such a fantastic book! This one really surprised me with how much I ended up loving it. One of those books I didn't want to end. Check out my review for more love of this book. 

3. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Rated this one 4.5 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed this book. It's a perfect summer read. Check out my review for more of my thoughts on this book. 

4. Landline by Rainbow Rowell - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. Wonderful, wonderful book. Rainbow Rowell does not disappoint. This was another book I didn't want to end and took some time reading it so I could truly enjoy every word written. Review to come soon on this one. 

5. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu - Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. This book also surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. Great topics addressed in this book. Check out my review to see what I liked about this one.

6. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. I DEVOURED this book. I couldn't get enough. After turning the last page, I went ahead and jumped into the next and final book in this series, which was... 

7. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. This book had me all kinds of nervousness throughout the whole thing. There were points where I wanted to chuck the book. I haven't had a book get such a rise out of me in awhile! LOVE this series. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I finished this book. Another one I didn't want to end. 

8. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. I wanted more Jenny Han and this is what I found. I was not disappointed, not in the least. Such a great read. I only wish the next book was coming out sooner because I'm dying to know what is going to happen!

Best Moment of June

How about an embarrassing Mom moment? I went to a couples wedding shower a few weeks ago. While they were opening up our gift, the bride-to-be pulled out one of my son's toys! I was stunned! She kinda looked at it trying to figure out what it was and I quickly had to announce across the room that it was my son's toy! It was hilarious but so embarrassing at the same time!

Music Shout-Out

I've had Light Up the Sky by Yellowcard on repeat for the past few days. Such a GREAT song.
What music caught your ears in June?

Movie Shout-Out

LONE SURVIVOR is such a FANTASTIC movie. I normally am not very fond of war movies or movies focused on a war, but this one is so good. One of my newest favorite movies of all time. Please, please check this one out!
What movies/shows caught your eye in June?

Comments