June | All Wrapped Up

June was a pretty busy month but I read more than I thought and finished five books. The five books I read were all ones I enjoyed, so I think June was a successful reading month! 

Books I Read

     Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider. This is the PERFECT summer read. I really loved this one. There's a review coming soon to explain all the things I've loved about this book. The setting, the characters, the story was everything I was looking for. If you want to read something summery with the perfect balance of fun and depth, please check this one this summer! I gave this one 5 out of 5 stars.


The Way to Walk the Game of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen
I had a feeling I was going to really enjoy this book. There was no surprise that I did end up enjoying the book. The hate to love type of relationship was done so well. I couldn't get enough of the characters. This book was such a good read. I explain more of my love for this book here. I gave this one 4 out of 5 stars.



     Steeplejack by A.J. Hartley. There are many aspects about this book that I really appreciate. It's so well-written. The world is rich and industrial. There are diverse characters. I loved seeing into a new world, unique characters, and a strong and independent female character. This is unlike anything that I have ever read before and I really appreciate the many great parts this book has to offer. I gave this one 4 out of 5 stars. 


The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
I read and LOVED The Wrath & The Dawn last year. Going into this one, I had high hopes that I would love this one as much as The Wrath and the Dawn. It was a little rough getting into because I wanted more romance in the first part, but the last half was so wonderful. This duology has become one that I highly recommend and is a new favorite! I gave this one 4.5 out of 5 stars.



    One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I have read and loved two of Taylor Jenkins Reid's other novels and have loved both of them. This one I absolutely loved as much as the others. I can't say how great her books are but she has become an auto-buy author for me. Once I get my thoughts together on this book, so I'm not just flailing all over the place and gushing, I'll be writing a review for it! No surprise that this a 5 out of 5 star read for me. 


Challenges

The only challenge the books I read ended up being for was the #RockmyTBR challenge. Two of the books I read this month were books that I own. Others were for review and out from the library. 

I can't believe that the year is over half done, and I know I better work some more on challenges!


Things That I Did 

Spent some quality time with family - It was my husband's birthday last month. Also Father's Day. It was fun celebrating and seeing family throughout the month. 

I went to ALA!! - This was an AMAZING trip. I got to see some awesome people again. I got to meet some new friends. And, of course, get some good books too that I can't wait to read. I had such a blast!



I hope June was a great month for you! What was your favorite book you read in June? What was something fun you did?




Comments