The Reader Problems Tag!

I saw this tag over on Nori's blog and thought it looked fun to do! Here are my answers to the Reader Problems tag! Oh, and this tag was created by About to Read. :)
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I'm such a HUGE mood reader that it would end up coming down to what I'm in the mood for. And what is "calling" to me to read at that moment.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I stop reading it. There are way too many books in the world to waste my time reading something that I know I'm not going to enjoy. 
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I usually pick up those graphic novels I've been meaning to read. I suppose if I was really desperate, I could start counting all the books I read to my kids, that would help me get that goal easily, lol. 
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Most of the 
time, I'm not too picky about my series matching..unless it's a top favorite. In that case, if it's possible to find matching covers, I'll look around. Not possible? Then I just deal with it. It's more about what's inside the book anyways, right?! riiiight?! ;)
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?   In this type of situation, I would probably find some negative reviews on Goodreads and silently bond with strangers. Or if I hear or see someone on twitter that felt the same way, I'll check out their review. 
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?    This might get to be a lengthy answer. I can't quite completely focus on a book in public..there's too many distractions usually. If I do, then I'm in a somewhat secluded spot in public which I deem would probably be safe to shed a tear or two in. If I'm submersed in a sea of people, with all the distractions and I'm trying to read it's unlikely I'd be immersed enough in the book to cry. I have to be completely focused on the story and feelings of the characters to cry and that focus doesn't really happen in public. 
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Recaptains is my favorite place to go and I'm eternally grateful for them! I visit them most often if I remember most of the book but feel like I''m forgetting many smaller points. If I've forgotten everything, then I'll re-read.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I have had to do this with my sisters, and I tell them I'll request it from the library for them! I always suggest an alternate source they could get it from. And I usually explain that it's a favorite and I'm protective of it.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I ride it out. I stop trying for a few days and do other things. Usually a book will then catch my interest at some point and re-spark reading again.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Most of the time I just put in a whole bunch of requests at the library. I only buy ones I know that I will read within a month or ones that I've been dying to read for awhile, this limits my buying to maybe one or two a month on average.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Within a month. As I mentioned above, I don't buy unless I know I will pick it up and read it right away or very soon (like within a month) after buying it.

What are some of the questions that really stood out to you? Any common answers that we have? Also, I tag anyone reading this that wants to do this tag! 

Comments

  1. Your answer to #4 makes me so happy! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :D

    Haha, I do the same thing when I hate a popular book. I really enjoy reading negative reviews sometimes.

    #8 is such a good idea. I haven't done with books I own, but I have gotten books I love out from the library and made other people read them, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)