Book Review | The Elite

Title: The Elite
Author: Kiera Cass
Publication: April 23rd, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Bought it

Rating: 3 out 5 stars


Synopsis: Just a heads up: This is the second book in the series, there may be spoilers for the first book, The Selection, listed in the synopsis and my review. 
The Selection began with thirty-five girls. 
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever - and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?
America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want - and America's chance to choose is about to slip away. 

Check out my review of The Selection if you're curious how I felt about the first book in this series :)


Review: I love this series, but I'm not too fond of this book. This book is my least favorite of the series. Most of it I was going crazy with how America was acting throughout the entire book. The story mostly revolved around one thing: America bouncing back and forth between Maxon and Aspen and who she was going to pick to be with. 

It wasn't only America's indecision that drove me crazy, it was her actions as well. She was so indecisive and immature throughout this book. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated with a character. It's hard to say more without spoiling anything, but my overall feelings was my frustration with America's inability to make a decision and the childish way she acted throughout the entire book. So what kept me going through the book? Maxon. He's one of my favorite male characters, ever. He's sweet, honest, and incredibly thoughtful. I'm totally team Maxon. 

There isn't much world-building in this book which was a bit frustrating, but there was enough to keep the story going and to have a little more substantial plot line throughout the story. I loved getting to know Queen Amberly. I have yet to read The Queen, but I'm looking forward to reading her story. I've already read The One, so look forward to my review of that coming soon! 

PS Have you heard the news?? Kiera Cass is going to write 2 more books in this series! There's more info on this, but I'll post it to my review of The One. 


Have you read this one and if so, what did you think of it? What team are you on, Aspen or Maxon? 




Comments