TTT: Summer TBR

It's been awhile since I've done a TTT post. Since I have been planning on doing a summer tbr post, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do the post I've been bouncing around in my head.

If you didn't know, TTT is hosted by the lovely ladies over at the Broke and the Bookish. This week we are talking about our summer TBR lists. I made two different TBR lists, one for YA and one for Adult (I'm sorry, I cheated;)) because I couldn't narrow it down to just one list - there's too many books I want to get to this summer :)

**Quick note: All of these books are out already because if I added in books not released yet, then this list would have been twice as long. There are some books not released yet that are high on my tbr once they arrive (such as ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER), I think I might do a separate post for that. Also I forgot to add SEIGE AND STORM because Ruin and Rising is coming out today, and I can't wait to find out what happens in this series!

Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR



1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I've been hearing so many good things about this one and I want to see what all the hype is about.

2. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I recently read and loved My Life Next Door (check out my review), so I'm looking forward to devouring another one of Huntley's books.

3. 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen. I've been hearing some great things about this book, particularly one glowing review that has me curious about it. It comes out today! Very excited to read this one!


4. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. My friend, Rachel, snagged this one for me at BEA and I'm dying to get into this book. At the same time, I don't want this series to get closer to ending. It's one of my favorite series ever.

5. The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove. This is a book I haven't heard too much about, but I'm loving the synopsis and idea of different continents with different time periods. So unique - I must see what it's all about.

6. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. A series I've been really wanting to start. The urge to pick up this book just keeps getting stronger, so I'm sure this will get read soon!


7. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Another series that I've been wanting to read. I feel like I need to experience this series to see what everyone talks about!

8. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. And yet another series that I've been interested in starting. Now that it is a completed series since earlier this year, I feel as though I should finally start this series.

9. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. Thought I've been dying to read this one, the size of it is a bit intimidating. I'm clueless as to why because I read a lot of huge fantasy books. Anyways, it's about time I read this one since I know I'm going to love it.


10. The Mortal Instruments series - the last three books - City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire all by Cassandra Clare. Now that the final book has come out, I need to finish up this series and find out how it ends! 


Top Ten Adult Books on My Summer TBR


1. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. This book sounds so cute. A story that takes place in a bookstore, you can count me in! (Also wanted to add Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore to this list). Also I've heard great things about Gabrielle Zevin. 

2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. This book has been everywhere. I feel like it's been haunting me. I want to know what all the talk is about and since I found this one on sale at my local Indie bookstore, I now have it (versus waiting forever for my request to get through at the library).

3. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt. A book that has been highly recommended to me. I think I'm going to love this one. 


4. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I haven't heard a bad thing about this book, just people RAVING about it. As a huge fan of fantasy, I really need to devour this one.

5. S. by J.J. Abrams. I love the premise of this book and the way it was put together with different inserts. This story seems to be one that is going to go beyond just the pages and what a perfect time to do some exploring this summer.

6. Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I have all of a sudden felt an urge to read this book. I think I want to find out what the sky pirates are going to be like. Oh, and I need more Neil Gaiman in my life.

7. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I've had this one on my tbr for awhile now. And as I mentioned, I need more Neil Gaiman in my life. 


8. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I've heard raving reviews on this book since it's release. Though it's not one I would normally pick up, I'm always looking for something new (that I wouldn't have otherwise picked up) to read. I'm excited to find out what this one is all about!

9. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I want to read this one before the movie comes out. Oh, and I'm curious as to what all the hype is about.

10. Bittersweet by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore. I saw this one a list of books to read this summer and the premise sounds really interesting. 


What are you guys looking forward to reading this summer?



Comments

  1. OMG, GLASS SENTENCE sounds amazing! I do need to carve out time to read S as well - I think I need a good chunk to devote to it and just haven't had that yet. As much as I was dying to get my hands on it, it's a shame it's just been sitting in my TBR :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IT DOES. I'm patiently waiting (by the door) for it to come in the mail! I agree about S. I'm holding out to have a good time where I can sit down and focus on it. I hope you get to read it this summer :)

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJune 17, 2014

    I LOVED Tell The Wolves I'm Home--it's one of the best books I've read so far this year. I also really liked Gone Girl and Storied Life. I want to read Goldfinch, but I'm a bit intimidated by it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goldfinch is HUGE. I'm a bit intimidated by it, too! I'm glad to hear Tell the Wolves I'm Home was good, I had another person raving about it to me, I think I'm going to love it! Excited to read Gone Girl and Storied Life too - there's sooo many good books to read!!

      Delete
  3. Under the Never Sky and Grave Mercy are AMAZING. I want to read Finnikin of the Rock, as well as finish the Mortal Instruments series. To All the Boys I've Loved Before is also on my summer TBR list. I hope you're able to read all of these books this summer! :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to read allllll of the books! :D

      Delete
  4. You have some great books on both of your lists. I loved To All The Boys I've Loved Before, Grave Mercy, and the Mortal Instruments series. I need to finish that series this summer too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit nervous about finishing the TMI series, but I know it needs to be done - and in the summer because CoHF is HUGE! Hopefully we can read them around the same time and share book-feels :)

      Delete
  5. I love both lists. Mortal instruments and Under the Never Sky are some of my favourite series. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm pumped for some good reading this summer, I hope you are too! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)