Monthly Wrap Up | March 2014

Last month was a busy one, but I managed to read 8 books. School is finishing up this month, so I'm not sure if I'll do much better, but still hoping to get some good reading done. Anyways, let's talk about what I read and posted during March.

Books Read

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee This book was even better than the first! I can't wait to see where this series is going. Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. 

A Fable by William Faulkner I had to read this book for my English class and it was a DNF. I couldn't get through this book. It was scattered and difficult to read. Rated this one 1 out of 5 stars.

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith. I really enjoyed this book and did a video review of it, which you can check out here. I will also have a written review coming up later this month closer to the pub date. I would recommend checking it out later this month when it releases! Though I struggled between rating this one a 4 or 5 I settled and ended up rating this one a 4.5 out of 5.

The Color Purple by Alice Walker This was another book required for my english class but this one was much more enjoyable than Faulkner. I loved the style of this book and the story told within. It's such a strong womanly book. Rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. 

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas At this point in the month, I felt myself slipping into a reading slump so I wanted to pick up a series or book that I knew I would love. Having devoured and LOVED Throne of Glass, I decided the Crown of Midnight would be a good choice. I was correct. This book blew my socks off. It was amazing. I can't praise this series enough and I can't wait for the next book to come out in September! No surprise that I rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. 

The Archived by Victoria Schwab I read this one for The Archived read along and I'm glad that I joined in. There's so much hype around this book and I think it got to me a little bit. The writing was beautiful and the story was dark. I really enjoyed this book, but it didn't blow me away. Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. 

The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de le Cruz This book is coming out later this month. I read this book in a day - it's a highly entertaining read. Look for a review coming soon. Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. 

Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher I just finished this book today. It's a rather big book at nearly 600 pages, but it's 600 pages of goodness. This book begins a series that I'm looking forward to reading more of. Such amazing world building and characters, with plot twists that I didn't see coming. Definitely rated this one 5 out of 5 stars. 

March Reviews





Other Fun Posts I did in March



How was your March reading month? What was your favorite read of the month?

Comments