2014 Bookish Resolutions

This post is not exactly on time. That's because I've been putting a lot of thought into what bookish resolutions I want to set for myself. Here's a few that I've decided to start the year off with.


This is my Goodreads challenge for the year. Last year I had the same challenge to read 100 books and I made it with 103. It was awesome and a ton of fun. I want to do that again this year. 


I have a bad relationship with series and finishing them (don't we all...okay maybe I'm the only one). I want to finish some series I've started as well as read some series that I've heard people rave about but I just haven't quite gotten to them yet. Some series I have yet to start include The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness, The Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand and The Codex Alera Series by Jim Butcher.


This is an obvious one and one I'm sure to have in common with a majority of you. I have a lot of books on my shelves that I bought but have not read yet. I started to count them all out, but stopped once I passed 50 because I still had a ton more to go and I was terrified to know the exact number. I feel as though I'm betraying those books that I so very excited for and wanted to read but never got around to it. In order to read more without adding to my shelves, I'm trying to read more from my shelves than I add to my shelves. We'll see how long I can hold out on that notion. 


This is sort of a broad resolution. I typically read more fantasy and dystopian books than contemporary. So I want to branch out. I want to read some contemporary. I want to read more adult books. I especially want to read more adult fantasy. Let's do this.


I was watching a video on YouTube by Regan, a booktuber, when she talked about her bookish resolutions. She talked of conquering the NPR Top 100 Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book List this year. I have read about 4 or 5 books off this list, but there are so many on there that I want to read. 


I read a few books with some friends this year and I wish that I would have read more. It's a great experience to read a book the same time as a friend and be able to talk about it, freak out about it, text each other in the late night/early, early am when you stayed up late reading and something crazy happened. Looking forward to doing this more often this year. 

Comments