Top Ten Tuesday (18)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week we are talking about our top ten books we wish could have sequels. I found myself digging deep to get some answers with this one. Many of the books that I've read are part of series or trilogies - there are so few stand-alones out there. I love stand-alones, I'm thinking of making it a goal to read more stand-alones. Anyways here's my list for this week:

Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Sequels

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I love this story and was so sad when it ended. I wanted to find out more! I wanted to see Elizabeth's and Darcy's relationship continue!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This story ended on a note that I wish would have been continued. I wanted to hear more adventures. I want to know how Charlie, Patrick and Sam grew up.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This ending just.....blew my heart to pieces. I want to find out what happens to Hazel. I want to know where her story takes her.

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
Lola and the Boy Next Door and Anna and the French Kiss both by Stephanie Perkins
I know that Anna and Etienne show up in Lola's story, but I still wanted more. I want to know if Anna and Etienne and Lola and Cricket all followed their hearts. I want to hear that they married and lived happily ever after. 

Can You Keep a Secret? I've Got Your Number
Can You Keep a Secret and I've Got Your Number both by Sophie Kinsella
I feel the same way about these as I feel about the two Stephanie Perkins books listed above. I want more from the couples in this books. I want to know that they get married and live happily ever after.

The Host (The Host, #1)
The Host by Stephanie Meyer
I want to know where the story continues in this world. I want to know what happens with the aliens invading - do they completely take over or do they move on?

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I love this book! The whole book took place over 24 hours and that's a lot to happen in such a short amount of time. I am curious to know what happens in weeks, months and years between Hadley and Oliver.

The Phantom Tollbooth
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
This is one of my favorite middle grade books! I want to read about more adventures that Milo goes on! This book was very enjoyable, fun and exciting, I would love for the story to continue!


Comments

  1. These are all great choices! I've always loved The Phantom Tollbooth -- you're right, it would be fun if the story continued! There are so many "modern" sequels and spin-offs to P&P, but the only one I'd be interested in is if a secret manuscript by Jane Austen were discovered... because yes, I'd love to see what she'd write next about Elizabeth & Darcy!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)