TTT | Facts (some weird) About Me


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish.

This week's topic is 

Top Ten Facts About Me


1. I am the mom of two boys. 

I don't talk too much about my kiddos on the blog. But I have two little boys, 3 years old and 9 months :)

2. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I also plan to homeschool.

I became a stay-at-home mom after having my first son as daycare is way too expensive around here. I actually started my blog so I could have something that's for me that I can work on. I will be teaching my son this fall since he's preschool age. I'm so excited to homeschool and I'm most looking forward to teaching him to read. 

3. I LOVE coloring. and crafting, too.

I've always loved coloring. I used to buy kids coloring books and always kept them on hand. I have been SO happy with the new adult coloring book trend and having so many coloring books to choose from. I switch about among crafts, currently I do a lot of paper crafting, bullet journaling and planner decorating. 

4. My current purse is actually a tote bag.

I bought this tote from Evie's store (her designs are AMAZING.) and it has served as my purse. I have never been a purse person. I just got bags that looked good and when I got tired of it, every 6 months to a year or so, then I would get a new bag. They were all cheap bags, ones I found on clearance or for a good price. And of course, they had to be big enough to carry one book, preferably two. With my tote now, I can easily carry two books :)

5. I visit my library every week on the same day.

It's started to become a bit of a tradition that I visit my library every Saturday morning. I love the library as I come out with books that I get to take home and haven't paid for. I'm lucky that my library is just a mile away and is pretty well stocked both with books and friendly people. 

6. I'll give just about any book a chance if it peaks my interest.

While I mostly read YA, and mostly fantasy, I'll read just about anything. I've mixed in some adult, some classics, some non-fiction. If it peaks my interest and I'm in the mood for it, I won't throw away that book's shot. 

7. We have three pets, all different kinds of animals.

We have Boo, our cat. Que, our parrot (he's a Meyer's parrot we adopted) He does talk, he often says "Hey Birdie" since that's what I say when I feed him and he's always looking for more food, lol. and Loki is our newest addition, a puppy we adopted back in April. 

And a few random, weird-ish facts about me...


8. Before opening a can with a pop top (like soda), I have to tap it six times and when opened, I turn the tab to the left. 

I started doing this in high school and have done it every time since then. I think it started when someone told me to tap the top to settle the can and I turned the tab to keep track of which can was mine. Even though I probably don't need to do it anymore, I have to do it anytime I open a can now. 

9. When turning the volume up/down, the number I leave it at has to end with a 3 or 6.

I know this is SO WEIRD. I don't even know where this came from. I just know that I would get annoyed if the number was not 3 or 6. I've settled before on 1, 7, or 8 but they are the only exceptions. I hope you don't find me strange for this >.< 

10. I have arachnophobia and also, emetophobia. 

Arachnophobia, as you probably know, is the fear of spiders. And emetophobia, is the fear of vomit. I'm scared of all spiders, even the littlest ones. And I can't kill them, because that means they're family will know and come after me... LOL. but seriously, I'm so scared of them I can't kill them. I've been trying to get better so that my kids don't have my same fear. My fear of vomit is a bit weird. I can handle spit up from babies just fine. But people vomiting, no thanks. Especially if it's from a sickness that's contagious. I don't know where this fear came from but I do wish it would go away. 
 

Comments

  1. I love reading these!

    I didn't realize you were planning to homeschool. Just for preschool or all the way through? We have a lot of family friends who homeschooled, and they all loved it.

    OMG, I can relate to the vomit part. I'm not sure if I'm actually scared of it, but it disgusts me so much and always makes me feel sick myself. I can watch a movie with lots of blood and guts and be totally fine, but as soon as someone starts gagging or vomiting, I'm done. When I was babysitting one time in college, the cat threw up, and I asked the oldest kid to clean it up. I'm still embarrassed that I did that, but I couldn't even look at it. /o\ I also get really uncomfortable when people cough around me, because I always imagine them spreading gross, contagious sick germs. xD What do you do when your kids get sick and throw up? Or has that not happened yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For homeschooling, I would really love to go all the way through! My aunt does it with four of her kids and loves it. I have a feeling that I'm going to love it too. I did a little trial period earlier this year and C and I both enjoyed it.

      I'm so happy to hear I'm not alone! But also sad that you suffer from it too! I feel the exact same way. When I see it, I feel sick myself and can tolerate blood/guts/etc but vomit, I can't do. For some reason I'm more tolerant of pet vomit. I don't like it, and usually my husband cleans it up for me, but it doesn't bother me. (Don't feel embarrassed!!) The coughing too! I get more nervous now that I have kids, and taking of sick kids is hard.
      So the baby spits up quite a bit, and spit up is fine, I have no problem with it at all. But C has thrown up twice in the past year, both in the middle of the night. And both times, my husband dealt with it - cleaning the sheets, getting C in the bathroom, etc. I cleaned C up - wiped his face, new pjs, etc. Getting him settled in back to sleep. But I scrubbed my hands/arms afterwards and changed my clothes, I was imagining I was covered in vomit germs >.<. And my husband stayed home from work the next day to take care of C should he vomit again. He didn't, which made it easier for me because I don't think I could take the stomach bug stuff being in the house. Both times I took the baby and stayed in my bedroom for the day bc I didn't want to worry C or let him see me like that, and if he vomited again, I didn't want to see it. I barely ate all day because I was so sick to my stomach. And I'm terrified that they'll get the stomach flu. My sisters got it every year growing up and I always hid in my room for the days around it. I'm trying to get better with my kids and I'm hoping that I can improve. I feel like it's more of a fear that I'll end up vomiting. Since I feel like I'm better around it when I know for a fact that I can't "catch" it. I always am washing my hands and the kids hands to make sure we steer clear away. My family makes fun of me and rolls their eyes, lol, but they wouldn't have to deal with the kids should they get sick, so I'm shameless on hand washing all the time. ;D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)