TTT: Books I Want to Read on the Beach this Summer

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. 

This week is about BEACH READS! Here's my...

Top Ten books that I want to read on the beach*

*beach as in also outside.. I don't go to the beach all that often but I do like to read outside as much as I can! 


Some summery YA...

     

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson - I have loved every Morgan Matson book I've read so far and I can't wait to dive into this one. Her books are perfect for summer!

Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods - I've heard good things about this one and bonus! it has summer in the title! 

Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins - I've heard mixed things on this collection, but I'm excited to see how I like it and which stories stand out. 



Of course, some fantasy...

    

The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh - I LOVED The Wrath & The Dawn and I cannot wait to read this one. I admit I've been putting it off a little bit since this is the last book and I don't want it to end but I don't know how much longer I can resist reading it. 

Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce  - I started reading this one quite a while ago and got completely distracted by other books and didn't come back to it. I was loving it so far and I can't wait to get back into it!

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi - This was one of my most anticipated new to me authors. I've also heard some promising things so far on this story!



Some Jane...


Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen - I'm overdue to read some more Jane Austen so I would love to pick up one of her novels this summer. S & S is what I'm thinking at the moment, but that I could change my mind. 


A Few Adult Novels I've Been Hearing A lot About Lately...

     

My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante  - This book has been popping up a lot lately and all with positive remarks. 

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld - A Pride and Prejudice retelling - yes please! This sounds like a perfect summer read.

The Royal We by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan - I'm a sucker for books involving royalty and "regular" people falling in love. Also this is somewhat of a Kate and Prince William fanfic? Even better!


What books do you want to read on the beach this summer? (Do we have any in common?) Or what summer books do you recommend?















Comments

  1. OMG YES! I really enjoyed SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS, and I can’t wait to read so many of the books you’ve mentioned. I really need to get around to reading more classics, haha, and Jane Austen is definitely on the list. Great picks and happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed SoS I can't wait to get to it! Can't go wrong with some Jane ;)

      Delete
  2. Great Top Ten! The Unexpected Everything, also made my list. Hopefully it's just as good as Second Chance Summer! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)