Mad Libs with To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Blogging Extravaganza: Mad Libs

This post is part of the Get Up Offa That Slump: A Blogging Extravaganza, hosted by Rachel at Beauty and the Bookshelf. I'm so happy she created this extravaganza as I've been in a blogging slump lately (or maybe just too busy) but the topics listed got me excited to write posts, so I decided to jump in. Today is Day Five and the topic I chose is Mad Libs.  It was SO FUN to make this passage and have my hubby help me with it. My Mad Libs passage is from the first paragraph in To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.

I like to _____(verb) things. Not _____(adjective) things like _____(plural noun) or _____(plural noun) or  the _____(noun). _____(adjective) things. _____(adjective) bells, the kind you get at _____(noun) shops. Cookie _____(plural noun) you'll never _____(verb), because who needs a _____(noun) in the shape of a _____(noun)? _____(plural noun) for my ____(part of your body). Of all the things I _____(verb), I guess you could say my _____(adjective) letters are my most _____(adjective) possession.

Here's my version I did asking my husband for the terms needed. I had a hard time not laughing while filling it out!

I like to rake things. Not stinky things like penguins or sharks or the bathtub. Scaly things. Slimy bells, the kind you get at president shops. Cookie books you'll never run with, because who needs a kid in the shape of a motorcycle? Televisions for my armpit. Of all the things I swim with, I guess you could say my hairy letters are my most rough possession.

I would love to hear how your Mad Libs turned out! Hope you enjoyed :)

Comments

  1. Hahaha, that's awesome! I used to love doing MadLibs, but I hadn't thought about them in ages. It's funny how when you're a teenager, they ALWAYS end up sounding really dirty/inappropriate, but from yours here it's obvious that you spend a lot of your day with young children. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I used to do them often when I was younger and when they were mentioned as the post topic I knew I had to do it since it's been FOREVER. That is so so true! I was anticipating at least something sounding dirty, but when my husband was spewing out words like stinky and armpit and hairy, I knew it wasn't going to happen.... and clearly evident that we spend most of our time with our little guys :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)