Hiiiii! It's been awhile (and I've missed you)

HI FRIENDS! It's been way too long since I've sat down at the computer to do some blogging. But there's a reason(or two)! The biggest reason - if you didn't see on Twitter, I'm pregnant! Hubby and I are over-the-moon excited to be adding baby #2 to our family! I was weighed down with morning sickness and exhaustion for a few months and was not feeling like doing anything. I've finally come through to the other side and am feeling much better (YAY!). While I was dealing with the first trimester symptoms, I was also trying to keep up with school work for my final semester in college. I made it, and graduated earlier this month (another YAY!).
        With all that happening, I haven't done any reading since February, except for college assignments. I've had such a range of emotions about it. Reading is such a huge part of my life that not having it there leaves something feeling empty. But I know I needed the break, I'm a huge mood reader, and I just haven't been in the mood to pick up a book yet. This happened before when I was pregnant with my son, I didn't pick up a book for the first two-thirds of my pregnancy, but then I started reading like crazy at the end and continued to after he was born. I know it's natural to take breaks from reading, and blogging too, but when they get to be so long, I get a little bit anxious. Especially because I want to read..and I'm excited to read the books on my shelves (especially those from my OTSPsecretsister!!)I've started to get an itch to start reading, so I'm hoping to pick up a book soon, but I haven't given myself a deadline. I want to ride this break out for as long as it's needed. What books did you read to get out of a slump or to put you back into the reading mood?
       Fact is, I've missed this. I've missed interacting with you guys. I've missed talking about books. I'm not sure when I'll be officially back, but I'm hoping it'll be soon. In the meantime, I hope you are doing well and I hope we get to chat on other parts of the internet! :) My twitter: @aloveofbooks 

Comments

  1. Hi, love!! I've missed you! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well and haven't gotten to read that much lately! But I can't imagine being pregnant and finishing up school - you're a trooper! I'm so happy for you and your family. <3
    When I'm in a slump I read short and sexy books haha. Or I re-read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)