Reading Challenge for 2015!

So my friend, Rachel, shared this reading challenge list with me and I thought I would jump in and do it too because there are some really unique challenges! Oh, and she shared the image with me off of Goodwill Librarian's Facebook page...just wanted to throw in credit where its due :)


I wrote this list down in my blogging notebook, right in front so that I can also record what book I read for each category. I think I'm also going to print this image out so I have a master list that I can check off. 
A few of my thoughts on these challenges..
Since it's such a long list, I've decided to color code them by difficulty I think it will be to complete them. For those I think will be easy to complete, they'll be green, those that will be a bit hard will be orange and those that are going to difficult will be in red. 

a book with 500+ pages..
This should be pretty easy with the amount of fantasy that I read :)

a classic romance..
I'm not quite sure what would be a "classic romance". I was thinking maybe Atonement, but would that be classic enough? Let me know if you have any suggestions for this one!

book that became a movie..
I feel I have a few options here, the ones I'm thinking about are The Book Thief, The DUFF or Vampire Academy.

book published this year..
No problem with this one. The Winner's Crime. ToG #4. Red Queen. So many options.

book with a number in the title..
hmmm. The only one I can't think of that is in my tbr pile and has a number in the title is Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, which I really want to read!

book written by someone under 30..
I don't imagine this one to be too hard though author's ages aren't even thought of for me so maybe this will be harder than I think.

book with nonhuman characters..
The only book I have in mind here is Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi since I recently picked it up. I may come across something different for this category.

a funny book..
With Amy Poehler's book on my tbr, I think this will be an easy category to fill.

book by a female author..
This will be so easy. Always reading books by both female and male authors.

a mystery or thriller..
I'm thinking maybe Night Film by Marisha Pessl. 

book with a one-word title..
This one may be easy or hard..

book of short stories..
This should be pretty easy as well. Maybe something by Alice Munro as I just got one of her books for Christmas.

book set in a different country..
Can't think of any off the top of my head, but I don't think I'll have too much of a problem finding a book to satisfy this challenge.

a nonfiction book..
I rarely read nonfiction so I like having this extra challenge to fit it in this year. 

a popular author's first book..
For this one I'm not sure where I'm going to end up. At the moment I'm thinking maybe John Green's first book which is Looking for Alaska I believe. 

book from an author you love that you haven't read yet..
This is another tough one. I'm going to have to think on this challenge. I love the uniqueness of it though!

book a friend recommended..
It shouldn't be hard to find a recommendation with all the wonderful bookish friends I've made :)

Pulitzer Prize-winning book..
I want to read more award winners, so this is a perfect challenge for me. There's so many options that I'm not sure which I'm going to read yet. 

book based on a true story..
This is a HARD one for me. I have no idea where to even start looking for a book based on a true story - any help is welcome for recs to complete this challenge :)

book at the bottom of your to-read list..
This will be fun to do! Picking a book at the bottom of my pile instead of the top is going to be fun!

book your mom loves..
My mom doesn't read all that much. She mostly just reads in the summer and she loves Mary Higgins Clark. I'm thinking of asking her favorite book by Clark and reading that one.

book that scares you..
I'm not sure what this challenge means by scared..scared of the content/it makes me scared? or scared because of size, hype, etc? What do you think?

book more than 100 years old..
I'm thinking something Austen or Bronte. 

book based entirely on the cover..
OOO! This will be fun! Thinking I'll pick out a book from the bookstore/library and pick it up based on the cover.

book you were supposed to read in school but didn't..
Animal Farm by Orwell will be the one for this challenge. 

a memoir..
This should be pretty easy to complete...I'm thinking The Glass Castle for this one. 

book you can finish in one day..
This one is completely open - could end up being anything!

book with antonyms in the title..
This is going to be hard to find. Can you think of any?

book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit..
This should be pretty easy to find, there are so many places I want to visit!

book that came out the year you were born..
This will be an interesting one and one that I'm looking forward to finding.

book with bad reviews..
hmm every book has bad reviews because there is always someone that doesn't like a book. I'm taking this one to be a book with ratings under 3.5 stars on Goodreads.

a trilogy..
I have so many choices for this one..thinking Under the Never Sky trilogy at the moment.

a book from your childhood..
I'm not sure which one to pick, but probably one of the Harry Potter books since they were an essential part of my childhood. 

book with a love triangle..
Oh Boy! This one should be pretty easy to find with the amount of YA that I read :)

book set in the future..
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would work but I think there are quite a few options out there!

book set in high school..
Not hard again with the amount of YA I read :))

book with a color in the title..
Hmm this one might make me search a little bit.

book that made you cry..
This will indefinitely happen this year.

book with magic..
As a frequent fantasy reader, this shouldn't be too hard to complete.

a graphic novel..
Love graphic novels! Need to get my hands on Saga 4 for this challenge!

book by an author that you've never read before..
Not to difficult to get this challenge..looking forward to discovering a new author!

book you own but have never read..
SO EASY. I have so many unread books on my shelves that this one will be an easy challenge to complete. 

book that takes place in your hometown..
I come from a very small town, I don't think there are ANY books out there set in the town, or area I grew up in. I might have to just do my homestate for this category. 

book that was originally written in a different language..
This one will be not too hard, but not all too easy either. I'm not sure what I'll end up picking for this category.

book set during Christmas..
LOVE holiday stories. When next Christmas rolls around, I'll be sure to complete this challenge!

book written by an author with your same initials..
This could be hard to find. Very hard. Don't know where to start on this one.

a play..
I'm taking a British drama course this semester so I'll be able to complete this challenge during the spring. 

a banned book..
I'll be sure to take care of this one during Banned Books week!

book based on or turned into a TV show..
I'm thinking of reading The 100 for this category. Then I can finally watch the show :)

and last but not least

book you started but never finished..
hmm well there are 7 books that I've started over the past month but haven't finished yet, so I think there's a few to choose from for this one. I'm going to narrow it down by adding that the book has to have been started over a month ago. 


Comments