#CurrentlyReading multiple books. Why?!

I've always been a one-book kinda girl. Reading only one book at a time gave that singular book all of my attention and I didn't pick up another one until I had finished with the one I was already reading. But recently I have been a bit of a noncommittal reader. I can't seem to commit to reading one book at a time. I've gone up to reading 6 books at a time. Currently...I'm reading 5.

 photo 200_zps4ab3df3a.gif

WHY?! 


I think I've been in a bit of a weird reading kinda-slump. I'm still reading, it's not that kind of reading slump... but I'm finding it hard to get into books (and stay there). So I've been constantly picking up new books to start in the hopes that they'll suck me in. And some of them have, but then that leaves the other books behind that I already started reading. But then there's so much excitement for me when I dive into a new book that sometimes I can't resist picking up a new one just to feel that excitement.

 photo Belle_zps09c95993.gif



The second reason is there are way too many books I want to read. Seriously. You all know what I'm talking about...there are numerous books on our tbrs that we want to get to. Some of these have been on my tbr for too long and its getting to the point where I'm like "I've been waiting too long to read this, so I'm doing it. RIGHT NOW." So I pick them up and start reading. Then I'm all

 photo supernatural_zps3610af4f.gif
(and then I start another one and it starts all over again).

SO WHAT AM I CURRENTLY READING?


Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
I will hopefully finish today. I've only got about 100 pages left and this is the one I'm currently completely into.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I started this one the other day because I planned to read this one with my sister this month. And there's a whole bunch of other people reading it this month too. The excitement got me.

Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
I've been reading this one for awhile. And I love this series. But I don't want it to end, I think that's part of the reason why I've been putting it off. But I really want to know what happens which is why I picked it up in the first place. I'll finish this one eventually.

The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
I don't know why this one hasn't been finished yet. I was completely into this story, loving it and into it and all that, but I think I put it down to read a book due back at the library soon and then I never picked this one up again. I'm planning to remedy this soon. 

This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl
I started reading this one and it's such a wonderful story. But it's heartbreaking too. I took a quick break from it and started reading something else. I know I'll finish this one soon because it's a fairly quick read and I want to read Esther's story.

What about you.. Do you read multiple books at once? What's the most you've read at one time? Why do you find yourself reading multiple books at a time?










Comments

  1. You have some fab books on this list! I admire your self-control on the books that are in series -- I read them too fast for my own good then am stuck waiting and waiting forever till the next one comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I can only maintain self-control once I'm ahead of myself. Some series I just can't! Like Throne of Glass, I've been stuck waiting forever and ever for the next book because I can't wait to read the next ones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)