Monthly Wrap Up | July 2014

Rory Gilmore said "I live in two worlds. One is a world of books." I love my world of books too. This month I read some books that I was living in - the worlds were so wonderful, I was so involved with the stories and the characters. Let's get to the 9 books I read this month.

Books I Read in July

1. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. So I was a bit unsure of this book at first, but halfway through I was sucked in. Check out my review to see why this book had me raving.

2. Now & Forever by Susane Colasanti. Rating 1.5 out of 5 stars. This book was so hard to get through. I don't know why I kept on going, I should have DNF'd this one but I thought maybe it just might get better. Anyway, a full review to come on this one.

3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. I'm so happy I have finally read this book. It didn't disappoint. I LOVED THIS ONE.

4. Saga Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. I've been hearing non-stop raving about this graphic novel series and I finally picked it up...and loved it.

5. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. I wanted to get into a fantasy series, and holy shit this series is amazing. This the first book in the series and it was SO GOOD.

6. The Arrival by Shaun Tan. Rating 4 out of 5 stars. This book was a graphic novel with no words, just pictures. The artwork in this is beautiful - just stunning. The story was really cool too, but those pictures were so amazing.

7. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. If I thought I loved the first book, this one was even better and made me fall in love with the series. It was SO AMAZING.

8. Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. This has been made into a movie with Sam Claflin (Finnick from Catching Fire) and Lily Collins. After I saw the trailer I HAD to read this book. And I loved it - I'm stoked for the movie.

9. Wait for You by J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout). Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. I just finished this one today and I was surprised by how much I liked this one. It's a quick read, and I really enjoyed it. 

Best Moment of July

I went to Warped Tour this month! I haven't been in years and was worried about being a little too old for it, but the bands I got to see made the sunburn and dehydration completely worth it. Best part, I got to meet one of my favorite all time bands, Anberlin. Check them out if you haven't heard of them before, they're music is amazing. 

Music Shout-Out

At Warped Tour, I happened to hear two bands, Echosmith and Air Dubai, that sounded pretty awesome when they were performing. I bought their cds there and have been addicted to their music since that day. I've also been listening to a lot of Anberlin last month, all of their music, especially their new cd, titled Lowborn, that came out this month. 
What music caught your ears in July?

Movie/TV Show Shout-Out

So my sister stayed with us for a week last month and she started streaming this tv show called Witches of East End. I saw one episode and got addicted. This show is like a soap, it's addicting. I know it's a series by Melissa De La Cruz and usually I have to read the the book(s) before seeing it, but we were both so hooked in that we watched the whole first season in two days. 
What movies/shows caught your eye in July?

Comments