#AYearAThon Wrap-Up

This month's theme was CLASSICS. I spent this past entire week reading one classic. It's a classic that I've been wanting to read for ages and I'm glad I finally picked it up. So what book did I spend all week reading?


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

I'm so happy that I have finally read this book. I LOVED IT SO MUCH.  I took my time reading it all week and I feel that I gave it the full love that it deserves. I didn't want to rush my reading experience - though I really wanted to get another classic this week, I'm okay that I didn't. 

So what did I think of the book?

It was so wonderful. It was beautifully written. The story was lovely. Jane is such a great role model for young women. Her independence and whole personality is real and true. I've heard so much about Mr. Rochester. He lived quite up to the expectations that I had set for him. Their romance is epic. 

Here's a few favorite quotes I found while reading:

"It is far better to endure patiently a smart which nobody feels but yourself, than to commit a hasty action whose evil consequences will extend to all connected with you."

"It is weak and silly to say you cannot bear what it is your fate to be required to bear."

"Know, that in the course of your future life you will often find yourself elected the involuntary confidant of your acquaintances' secrets: people will instinctively find out, as I have done, that is not your forte to talk of yourself, but to listen while others talk of themselves; they will feel, too, that you listen with no malevolent scorn of their indiscretion, but with a kind of innate sympathy; not the less comforting and encouraging because it is very unobtrusive in it's manifestations."

"I would always rather be happy than dignified."

Comments