Did you know...The world' most expensive book ever purchased was bought by Bill Gates at auction for $30.8 million dollars. The title of the book is Codex Leicester by Leonard da Vinci. Do you know how many books you could buy for $30.8 million dollars??? You could fill up a whole library bigger than the size of Belle's in Beauty and the Beast! Anyways... so it's now June and that means that it's time to talk about what happen in May.
Books I Read
I had a pretty lame reading month because I just didn't get too much reading done. I'll tell you why later. The books I did read were all pretty good though, so let's talk about them.
1. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkin - I rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. Check out my review to see why.
2. The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass - Rated this one 3 out of 5 stars. America just started to get on my nerves in this book. But the series it is so addicting. I'm debating on whether to do a full review or a mini review of this and The One - what would you like to see?
3. The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass - Rated this one 4 or 4.5 out of 5 stars. It was a good satisfying ending even if it was a tad bit rushed in my opinion. Full or mini-review(with The Elite) - what do you think?
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han - Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and flew through it in a day.
5. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg - Rated this one 4 out of 5 stars. I've heard this one described as a modern Harry Met Sally story and it was just as cute as Harry and Sally's story. Read this one if you love contemporary.
6. The Shadow Prince (Into the Dark, #1) by Bree Despain - Rated this one 3.5 out of 5 stars. While it was a bit slow at times, when the action happened it punched you in the face. Loved the mythological aspects of this book, full review to come this week!
Yup, that's it. I only read 6 books. But they were all good books. This month will be better.
Best Moment of May for me
I got married! WOO HOO! We got married in a park on the lake on our five-year anniversary date. It was pretty chilly that day, but we have only warm memories which makes up for the chilly weather. :)
My husband(how different and awesome it is to say that!) downloaded the new Cartel cd and I've been listening to it whenever I put some music on. I'm impressed with their new cd. What music caught your ears in May?
I'm trying to think of what movies I saw this past month. We saw Godzilla, and while we didn't know what it was about going into it (other than it was centered on some type of dinosaur-looking creature), we still enjoyed the movie. What movies caught your eye in May?