Book Review | Ignite Me

Title: Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publication: February 4th, 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins, HarperTeen
Source: Bought

Rating: 5 out 5 stars


Synopsis: Warning: This could contain spoilers if you haven't started the series yet. 

With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn't know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won't keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world... but there's not all he wants with her.


Review: I was quite nervous going into this book. This is one of my favorite series and I was so nervous how it was going to end. I'm exploding with happiness at how this series ended. This book might have been my favorite of the series so far, I'm not sure, I LOVED every single book in this series. 

First off, the story is packed with action. I loved the development of the world and politics that got a little deeper than the last two books. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out what was going to happen next. One of the few qualms I have about the ending is that it felt a bit rushed. Things just happen, and they happen way, way too fast. I got very nervous when there were only about 50 pages left and so much to happen. I think that there could have been a less-rushed ending the book (also part of me didn't want it to end!) 

WARNER. Yes, he was bound to get his own paragraph in this review. He is officially a book boyfriend. I love the more we got to know him in this book. I loved the way he was constantly surprising everyone. I want to say more, but I don't want to spoil the book for anyone. 

Okay, I was a little put off by Adam in this book. I found him to be a changed man from the first, and even second book, and not necessarily changed from the good. I was constantly getting annoyed with his interactions with Juliette and nearly rolled my eyes every time they were interacting. Once again, I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say that I drew further and further away from Adam every time he came around.

I swelled with happiness at Juliette's development in this book. In book one, she was completely discouraged and down on herself. Throughout this book, you really get to see her come into herself and I loved it! I was constantly saying "Do your thing, girl!". Love the direction she went and those that helped her get there. Shout out to Kenji here, for being one of the best side-kick characters I have ever met and had the pleasure of reading about. 

Overall, I loved this book. This series ended perfectly for me even if it was a bit rushed. This series is one of my all-time favorites and one that I constantly keep recommending to various people. 

Have you read this one and if so, what did you think of it? What did you think of the character development in this book (Juliette, Warner, Adam, Kenji)?    




Comments