Book Review | Crave by Melissa Darnell

Title: Crave
Author: Melissa Darnell
Publication: October 25th, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Borrowed from the library

Rating: 5 out 5 stars


Synopsis: Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any member of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.

For years, Tristan has been forbidden to speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences.


Review: Reading this book reminded me why it's worth it to pick up a book that you haven't heard anything about. Sometimes I get all mixed up in reading books that are often talked about or books that I have already heard good things about rather than reading books that I discover on my own. I was craving a paranormal romance when I found this book and it was just what I was looking for. 

The unique storyline drew me into this book. I had initially thought that it was a vampire story, but it was so much more than that, witches are just as much of the story as vampires and it was an awesome twist to an overrun vampire theme. The paranormal in this book kept me intrigued into what was happening with the characters and their abilities. I loved this world and I'm looking forward to visiting again in the next books in the series. 

I really enjoyed all of the characters in this book. I loved the parents, for once a paranormal romance in which there are parents present! Parents that are likable characters! Savannah's interactions with her parents and grandmother were entertaining and real. It was wonderful to read about an openly paranormal family! 

The love story in this book had a Romeo/Juliet feel to it. Savannah and Tristan are forbidden to see each other, yet they are drawn to each other and love from a distance until they are drawn together. I liked the fact that their romance is one that has been around since they were young and grew as they grew. One of my favorite parts in the way this story was written is the dual perspectives. Hearing from both Savannah and Tristan contributed to my deep empathy for these characters. Savannah and Tristan are one of the truest loves that I have ever read. 

If you crave a paranormal romance, or a romance at all, please check this book out. This book exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to continue on with the series and Savannah and Tristan's love story as well as the world they live in. 




Have you read this one and if so, what did you think of it? Any good paranormal romance that you've read lately? Any books you've discovered lately that have exceeded your expectations?








Comments