Wishlist Wednesday (16)

Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper. This weekly meme features a book on your wishlist that you are dying to add to your shelves. This week


Ashfall by Mike Mullin

Goodreads blurb:

Many visitors to Yellowstone National Park don't realize that the boiling hot springs and spraying geysers are caused by an underlying supervolcano, so large that the caldera can only be seen by plane or satellite. And by some scientific measurements, it could be overdue for an eruption.

For Alex, being left alone for the weekend means having the freedom to play computer games and hang out with his friends without hassle from his mother. Then the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts, plunging his hometown into a nightmare of darkness, ash, and violence. Alex begins a harrowing trek to search for his family and finds help in Darla, a travel partner he meets along the way. Together they must find the strength and skills to survive and outlast an epic disaster.

This book sounds SO GOOD! I love the premise and what makes it even better is that some believe that this could be a possibility (I may be one of them...). I loved the movie 2012 and the supervolcano eruption was a part of that movie, and I picture that in my head when I think about this book. It makes me wonder how those around it survived and this book lets me see an aspect of that. I am intrigued to read this survival story and see where Mulling takes this journey. I cannot wait to read this one!

Comments

  1. I've been wanting to check this book out for the longest! :) The cover is so creepy, but it sounds so good.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I have been looking at this book myself and I need to get myself a copy as well. Looks like a good read!

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW
    My DESIGNS blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this! I hope you get it soon :)

    My wishlist wednesday
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 10, 2013

    Really good book! I read this one and the 2nd in the series, Ashen Winter, and they're both terrific. Enjoy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot about this book. It sounds great and I have added it to my TBR list! Hope you get it soon.
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/wishlist-wednesday-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. With a degree in Physical Geography, and minor in Geology, this scenario is, in my opinion, THE MOST LIKELY event that will end life as we know it. There are several excellent books out on this theme, and I've already added this one to my TBR list as well... in fact, I added the whole trilogy! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)