Top Ten Tuesday (17)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week is our top ten favorite beginnings/endings in books. I did not write any spoilers when talking about the endings, so no worries when reading this post :)





Just One Day by Gayle Forman

This ending was INSANE. This is the worst best ending ever. The biggest cliffhanger I have ever read. I am patiently waiting for the second in the series to come out. This is one of my favorite books of this year so far. Enough gushing, but seriously, read this one ASAP.



Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

I had no idea how this trilogy would end and I was really impressed with this beautiful ending. I love this trilogy and was nervous to have it end. This is probably the best ending to a trilogy that I have ever read.

Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

This was a wonderful story of two friends and one of the best love story I have ever read. I loved the realistic relationship and the ending left my heart swollen in a good way.

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

This book had me on edge until the very end. I wanted this book to end well and for Poppy to have her happy ending. It was sweet and left me smiling.


White Horse by Alex Adams

This book had one of the best bad guys, ever. This book had twist, after twist, after twist, but the biggest twists of all came at the end. I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would and I'm so glad I went outside of my comfort zone to read it.







Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

This one was a no brainer for me. Beginning with "The Boy Who Lived" this book hooked me in to the whole series. Rowling does such a good job starting stories in a way that hooks even those that don't enjoy reading.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

This book begins with the MC, Juliette, writing about her captivity. The writing style is in a stream-of-consciousness point of view and Juliette's poetic outlook on everything had me devouring the first page and the next, and the next.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

This book hooked me in with the writing just as Shatter Me did. I love the writing in this book. This is my current read and I am completely hooked on this book.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

I read this series before I read TMI and it remains one of my favorite trilogies ever. From the very beginning the unique story of Tessa and the world she lived in and how she meets Jem and Will got me invested in what was going to happen next.


Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

This book begins with Ana leaving her mother to travel to the city of Heart. I love reading about adventure and this book was promising an adventure in the way that Ana left to travel by herself. 



Comments

  1. I totally agree with Clockwork Princess!! Such a perfect ending to an amazing series. And, of course, I have Sorcerer's Stone on my TTT too.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, but that cover is so pretty! I've read Just One Day and totally agree with your description of the ending. That ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 30, 2013

    Just One Day left me so anxious for Just One Year, and I'll have to read I've Got Your Number, Sophie Kinsella's books are so cute and fun! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/07/29/lines/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)