Top Ten Best/Worst Movie (&TV Show) Adaptations
1. Harry Potter series. I thought they did such a great job with these movies. Although they had to cut a bunch out because the books were so descriptive and the movies couldn't be that long, I thought that the movies were still done great.
2. The Hunger Games. I thought they created this world well and the action in this movie coincides with the action in the book. I thought the actors chosen fit the characters perfectly and I can't wait to see Catching Fire in a few months!
3. The Twilight Saga (mainly New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn 1&2). I read this series long before the buzz happened and I still have a place in my heart for these books and movies. While I strongly disliked how the first one was done, I really liked the second, third, fourth and fifth movies in this series.
4. One Day. I really enjoyed this book and when I watched the movie, it was just as good. I loved the actors that were chosen for the roles and I loved the chemistry between them and the story was told beautifully.
5. Game of Thrones. While I have only read the first book and I have just started watching the TV show. I think that the show follows the book well and all the characters are how I pictured them in my head. I can't wait to see where this show goes!
6. Never Let Me Go. I felt that this was a movie that captured the feeling of the book perfectly. The feeling of the book was melancholy, hope and enriched with sympathy and I felt that the movie displayed this wonderfully in the way that it was done.
7. The Last Song. I enjoyed this book the summer I read it and I felt that the movie was a great summer film as well. I think that this book was kind of written to be turned into a movie which could be part of the reason it was done so well, regardless, I enjoyed both the book and the movie.
8. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The movie follows these graphic novels perfectly. The graphic novels were so fun, entertaining quick reads. The movie follows that theme while being fun and entertaining as well.
9. The Lovely Bones. I was actually a tad disappointed with this movie, I didn't like all the cinematography that they threw into the movies that was not a part of the book. I felt that it added different feelings to the story that were different than what I felt when reading it. While I was not the biggest fan of these additions, I still enjoyed the story and felt that the characters were wonderfully chosen - I loved Mark Wahlberg in this one!
10. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I actually saw the movie before I read the book. When I saw the movie, I didn't even know there was a book series out there, once I got my hands on it, I read it and re-watched the movie and realized it was nothing like the book. That being said, I wasn't disappointed since I had enjoyed both of them. I accepted them as two different stories and I still enjoy them both as separate stories. I hope that Sea of Monsters is more accurate though.
Bonus: 5 books I want to read so I can watch the movie/TV series
1. Silver Linings Playbook. I love both Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence so I must read this book soon so I can watch the movie! Both of them sound so good and I've heard nothing but good things. I'm happy that this book is towards the top of my tbr list.
2. The Great Gatsby. I will be re-reading this one for an upcoming read-a-thon and I hope to see the movie soon. Leo playing Gatsby will be wonderful to see!
3. Under the Dome. I have been wanting to dive into this book for awhile, but the size was intimidating to me - it's over 1,000 pages. However, I saw the first episode of this new TV series and I became stoked to read this book. I am ready and willing to take on this book and then watch the rest of the TV series!
4. The Host. I have heard some bad reviews on the movie, but this is a much loved book. I still want to read this book and then watch the movie and have my own thoughts on this adaptation.
5. Beautiful Creatures. I haven't heard too many things about this movie adaptation but I've heard lots of good things about the series. I am hoping to read this one soon so I can watch the movie!