Top Ten Tuesday (13)

Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the Broke and the Bookish. This weeks top ten list is something I've been wanting to make a list of, though it's a hard one to make because I have read so many awesome books so far this year! Anyways, here goes

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013

          
1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I LOVE this book! I have a hard time picking things I loved about this book because I loved every single part of Allyson's story. I cannot wait for the second book to come out in the fall.

2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. AHH! This book was so good! I love the poetic way they Mafi writes and the story told in this book is unique, fast-paced and will pull you in. 

3. The Selection by Kiera Cass. I love the premise of this book. The story along with the characters has me thinking about the book long after I read it.

                

4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. WOAH! This book really pulls you in, takes you on a roller coaster and never lets you go. I want to re-read this one already and I just read it last month!


5. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I don't know why it took me so long to read this book and I'm sure you know why this book is on my list. This story is touching, heart-breaking and gripping all at the same time. 

6. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I really thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the realistic view on a love story and all the characters involved in it.

7. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Lola and Cricket's story is one of the cutest ones that I have read. Once again a realistically told love story that gripped me in and didn't let go.

      

8. Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck. I've read the first three books in this series and I'm about to start the fourth. This has easily become one of my favorites series. I love that these books not only have a love story but are also filled with action-packed adventure.

     

9. Pivot Point by Kasie West. This book drew me in from the very beginning. I loved that this story was told in an alternating reality type way in that the MC is living out two different lives at one time.

10. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. This book was told in a voice that literally had me laughing out loud. I loved listening to Greg's voice as he told his story in a frank and straight-forward manner. This was a very entertaining read!

Comments

  1. Great choices! I absolutely love Stephanie Perkins books. I can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After to come out. :)
    I really need to read Pivot Point. It's on so many lists today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5th Wave made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The premise of Selection sucked me in too! I read the jacket and then put it down like, "No, this couldn't possibly be good." SO glad you read it & enjoyed it - now I have an excuse to go back and get it ;)

    Thanks for the lovely list of great recommendations!

    Cheers,

    Sam @ Mad But Magic

    Our TTT: http://madbutmagicya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)