Top Ten Tuesday (12)

Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. It is a weekly meme featuring a list of top ten books that you pick to match the theme set for that Tuesday. This Tuesday, I am listing the top ten books on my summer tbr list.

Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR List

Sequels
1. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. I loved Shatter Me, it is one of my favorite books of all time. I have been stalling picking up Unravel Me because I don't want to wait so long for the next book, but I don't know if I can hold out much longer, I have to know what happens next.

2. The Elite by Kiera Cass. I read The Selection a month or two ago and it was so good. I cannot wait to find out what happens next.

3. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. I read City of Bones a year ago and didn't like it all that much. However, I just finished The Infernal Devices Trilogy and it is now my all time favorite trilogy, so I think that I will reread City of Bones before the movie comes out and then read City of Ashes to continue the series.

Beach Reads
1. How My Summer Went Up In Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski. The title is so intriguing and it sounds like the perfect book to read on the beach.

2. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. I've heard many good things about this book and I cannot wait to read it and see what all the hype is about.

3. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt. The concept of this book sounds pretty awesome. It sounds like the perfect beach read.

4. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. This is another one that I have heard so much about. Girls stranded on an island sounds like a great summer read.

Books I have to read ASAP this summer because I can't believe I haven't read them yet
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. The premise of these books sounds intriguing and hearing everyone talk about how good these books are makes me wonder why I haven't picked them up before. With the trilogy complete, I can read them all without waiting. I will read this one very soon!

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth. With the movie being made and everyone talking about these books, I need to read this one!

3. The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I should have read this book a long time ago and time just slipped away, but I am determined to read this one this summer. With the movie already released, I need to get around to reading this one so I can see the movie.

Comments

  1. I haven't read The Host either! Or Shatter Me or The Selection. *sigh* So many books to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Shatter Me yet, so you aren't the only one behind on books. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on Delirium. And no I also have to check out How My Summer Went Up In Flames. Thanks, and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divergent! I still have yet to read that one as well, but it didn't make it on my list this week.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I've actually read six of your picks! I'll be especially interested to see what you think of BEAUTY QUEENS. It wasn't what I expected. Some of it I loved, some of it I loathed ...

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delirium and Divergent are both awesome. Hope you get to them soon :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok several going to my TBR pile!!!! interesting choice ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The host...wow...
    I want to read The Elite...sound good...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)