Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week the list is Top Ten Beach Reads, however you define a beach read. I will read anything on the beach as long as it is a good book. Ideally I like to read something light, but I have no problem sitting out in the sun and reading a good dystopian or a heavier-toned book. When I was thinking of this list, I was thinking of all light reads with one or two others thrown in so enjoy :)
My Top Ten Beach Reads
1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I feel that this one has been popping up on my lists a lot lately, but this book is just so dang good. The MC travels during her summers and learns about herself over the summer. I just love this book, I want to re-read it and I just read it a few months ago.
2. Stephanie Perkins, who wrote Anna and the French Kiss, and Lola and the Boy Next Door which are both fantastic beach reads! I really enjoyed both of these books when I read them and especially enjoyed them when I was sitting outside soaking up some sun, with a great book.
3. Sophie Kinsella, who has wrote a whole bunch of novels, any of which would be a great beach read. I just picked up I've Got Your Number to start off my summer reading with. Some of my favorites of hers are Can You Keep a Secret? and Twenties Girl.
4. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, or any Nicholas Sparks book would be good by the beach. I just picked up The Choice to read this summer. The Last Song takes place over a summer on the beach and would be the perfect beach read.
5. The Selection by Kiera Cass. This book is so good! It is light but deep at the same time and a very enjoyable read. I am looking forward to picking up The Elite this summer to continue this story.
6. The Tiger Saga (Tiger's Curse series) by Colleen Houck. These books are filled with adventures that begin over one summer. There's romance and action and summer-weather and summer jobs. I am planning on continuing this series this summer with the fourth book.
7. Jennifer E. Smith, who has written The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and This is What Happy Looks Like. I have read TSPoLaFS and I loved it! This is another one that I've been wanting to re-read as it would a perfect beach read. I did pick up TiWHLL to read this summer though.
8. Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts. I've only read the first one of this series, but it was a really light and fun romance. I hope to continue on with this series this summer as well.
9. Scott Pilgrim series by Bryan Lee O'Malley. I wanted to add these graphic novels to the list because they are so much fun to read with light, adventurous stories. I've only read the first two but I really enjoyed them and can't wait to read some more of these books.
10. The Raft by S.A. Bodeen. This one might steer some people away from reading while vacationing since this is a story of a girl whose plane crashes while crossing the ocean and she survives by floating in a raft. This book is suspenseful and does have sharks, which may deter many people from reading it on the beach. I think it would thrilling to read this one on the beach and it is a quick read which would make it easy to finish in an afternoon.