Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light and Fun:
1. Just One Day by Gayle Foreman. I just read this book last month and it was so good. While I don't know if I would say that it was all light, it was really fun to read. All the traveling and spontaneous adventures in this book are light and fun to read.
2. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. I love this book! When I read this one, I was in the mood for something fun with a great story and this matched up perfectly. It was so good that I've been wanting to re-read it and experience it all over again.
3. The Lightning Thief by Percy Jackson. This book is so fun to read that you don't want it to end, luckily it continues in a series. I strongly recommend this series to anyone and everyone.
5. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Of course, Sophie Kinsella had to make this list. Most of her books are the perfect beach reads and this one is no exception. This story is about a girl who is haunted (or rather challenged and entertained) by a ghost of her family. Their relationship is playful and full of shenanigans that will have you laughing. This book will leave you with a smile.
6. Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. Okay, okay I couldn't resist putting another Sophie Kinsella novel on this list. This is my other favorite of hers. Our main character Emma spills many of her secrets to a stranger on a plane who she later finds out is her new boss. This book is perfect for something light and fun.
7. Seattle Girl by Lucy Kevin. I went to Seattle two summers ago and I loved it. So when I saw this book I had to read it and I loved this book as well. This book follows a girl that is a radio dj in Seattle. This book was a great summer read.
8. This is my first Nora Roberts book and I wasn't disappointed. I thought that this book was so fun to read. The love story in this book was cute and I loved the dynamic of the characters in this book. Being this is the first of a set of four, I really want to read the others this summer as they would be perfect to read on a sunny day lying outside.
9. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. This is book one of the Sookie Stackhouse series. All of these books are really fun to read. Sookie is fun to follow through her many travels and these books never failed to brighten my day.
10. Love Letters by Katie Fforde. This book is about a girl organizing a literary festival and trying to convince a certain author to join in the festivities. This book takes place over in Ireland and has some fun elements that are book-related.