Top Ten Tuesday (7)

Hi! I am here with another Top Ten Tuesday. This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday (in no particular order) is:

Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light and Fun:

  1. Just One Day by Gayle Foreman. I just read this book last month and it was so good. While I don't know if I would say that it was all light, it was really fun to read. All the traveling and spontaneous adventures in this book are light and fun to read. 

   2. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. I love this book! When I read this one, I was in the mood for something fun with a great story and this matched up perfectly. It was so good that I've been wanting to re-read it and experience it all over again.










3. The Lightning Thief by Percy Jackson. This book is so fun to read that you don't want it to end, luckily it continues in a series. I strongly recommend this                                             series to anyone and everyone.

   4. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. This is more of a children's/middle grade book but it is such a fun read that I had to put it on this list. Being the story of a boy and his travels, this book is full of witty and clever thoughts and the story is brilliant.

   5. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Of course, Sophie Kinsella had to make this list. Most of her books are the perfect beach reads and this one is no exception. This story is about a girl who is haunted (or rather challenged and entertained) by a ghost of her family. Their relationship is playful and full of shenanigans that will have you laughing. This book will leave you with a smile.

   6. Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. Okay, okay I couldn't resist putting another Sophie Kinsella novel on this list. This is my other favorite of hers. Our main character Emma spills many of her secrets to a stranger on a plane who she later finds out is her new boss. This book is perfect for something light and fun.

  7. Seattle Girl by Lucy Kevin. I went to Seattle two summers ago and I loved it. So when I saw this book I had to read it and I loved this book as well. This book follows a girl that is a radio dj in Seattle. This book was a great summer read.

   8. This is my first Nora Roberts book and I wasn't disappointed. I thought that this book was so fun to read. The love story in this book was cute and I loved the dynamic of the characters in this book. Being this is the first of a set of four, I really want to read the others this summer as they would be perfect to read on a sunny day lying outside.

   9. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. This is book one of the Sookie Stackhouse series. All of these books are really fun to read. Sookie is fun to follow through her many travels and these books never failed to brighten my day.

 10. Love Letters by Katie Fforde. This book is about a girl organizing a literary festival and trying to convince a certain author to join in the festivities. This book takes place over in Ireland and has some fun elements that are book-related. 


Comments

  1. I couldn't resist Sophie Kinsella either. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Just One Day. I met Gayle Forman last weekend and picked up a copy of this book. I also have Statistical Probablity and Lightning Thief on my TBR list. Great list!!

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-things-to-read-when-you-need.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you met Gayle Forman! I hope you enjoy Just One Day..it's one of my favorite books of this year!

      Delete
  2. AnonymousMay 07, 2013

    Great list! I also have Can You Keep a Secret on my list this week =) The Percy Jackson series is great too, I really love how Rick Riordan infused Greek mythology into such an adventure--and it was pretty funny too =D

    I hope to read one of Katie Fforde's books one of these days, her books look like fun =D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Greek mythology and he did such a great job with it in the books!

      Delete
  3. I want to read Just One Day so badly! And I love everything I've read by Sophie Kinsella. That last one looks like a book I would love, so I'm definitely going to have to check it out! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just One Day is so good, one of my favorite books of the year! I hope you get to read it soon and that you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Twenties Girl yet, but I have a copy. I love Kinsella, I don't know why I haven't read it yet.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twenties Girl is one of my favorites by Kinsella. It is so cute, it'll be a perfect summer read if you want to pick it up soon :)

      Delete
  5. I have seen Percy Jackson on so many lists today, I'm glad I started the series! :D

    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is so good! I've only read the first two and I can't wait to continue the series!

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you chose Sookie, Nora Roberts and Just One Day. A girl after my own heart!
    Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) you are so sweet! They are all such good books, I couldn't resist.

      Delete
  7. I love Gayle Forman books and The Phantom Tollbooth is one of my favorite children's books. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you keep a secret is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)