Book Review: The 5th Wave


Title: The 5th Wave
Author: Rick Yancey
Publication: May 7th, 2013
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Rating: 5 out 5 stars


Synopsis: After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.



Review: Let me just start by saying Wow! This book was so good! All I've heard about this book are rants and raves...well let me tell you why I am ranting and raving about this book. I haven't read much science fiction but this book has got me wanting to read more. The world in this book is unlike any world I've ever read before. We are there with Cassie as she goes through each wave that arrives and kills those around her. Yancey does a fantastic job of keeping you on edge with Cassie as she strives to figure out just what exactly is going on and what the 5th wave will bring. 
There are multiple perspectives given throughout the book of the characters and how they weave around each other and interconnect is just brilliant. I loved all the characters and found myself rooting for each and every one of them. The romance was like a candle in a pitch black room - a light that steadily grew brighter with each page. 
The action in this book is never ending with plot twists galore. This book will keep you up at night wanting to know what happens next and will keep you up after reading it, wondering what will happen next. Just when you think you've got something figured out, something happens that makes you rethink yourself. When I was about a third of the way in, I was so confused that I was getting frustrated with the book but I pushed through and it didn't take long to figure out what was going on. This book will keep your nose between the pages and your brain quickly thinking up what will happen next. I highly recommend this one!

Comments

  1. I loved this one too! I even have my husband listening to it on audiobook.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! There has been a lot of hype over this book, I think I would enjoy it because I like sci-fi and plot twists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you loved this book!! Dying to read it and every single review I read about the 5th wave really has me itching for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!!! Its on my TBR list :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful review! So glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved this book as well! Totally agree!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get this one! I think I'm going to buy a hardcover version, which is what I do if I think a book's going to be reeeeeeally good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this review! I also loved the book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)