Wishlist Wednesday (3)

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper. You choose a book off your wishlist that you are dying to add to your shelves. This week my pick off my wishlist is:

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Book blurb from Goodreads:

Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high.

Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.

This book has been on my wishlist for awhile. When I first saw it, the title and the cover drew me in. I love the name Seraphina and I love dragons as well. When I read the blurb I knew that I would have to read this book. I love the new world created in this book with dragons. It sounds unlike anything I've read before, I can't wait to get a copy.

Comments

  1. I have heard some great things about this book but haven't gotten a chance to pick it up. Hope you get it soon!

    Here's my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read this this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I hope you do a review on it : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I have this book waiting to be read on my shelf. I love dragons so I'm excited for it! I hope you get it soon and love it :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are able to get it soon too and enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that book has been on my wishlist for ages it feels. Hope you'll get soon :)

    XX Ner

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fantastic! I hope when you get to it you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way! I just need to pick it up : ) I hope you get a copy soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really a big fan of books with dragons in them. I've been seeing this book in other's tbr piles. Hope you get it soon. :) Thanks for stopping by mines!

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one has been sitting on my shelf at home for a few months now. It sounds great -- now I just have to find time to read it! I hope you enjoy!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds good! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-41.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it how this Wishlist Wednesday makes me discover new and interesting books like this one, even if it means my TBR pile is slowly toppling over :-) This novel sounds like a lovely read, I hope you'll get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice choice! I love dragon books. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)