Hi! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, my top ten wasn't too hard to come up since I have been an avid reader since I could learn to read. However, I can't believe it took me this long to become a blogger. Here's my top ten list for this week:
1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. I love these books! I enjoyed every single one of these books growing up.
2 . The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer. These books introduced paranormal romance and YA to me. I didn't know that there were so many good books waiting to get discovered in these genres. I fell in love with these books the moment I read the back cover in Walmart back in 2005 when Twilight first came out.
3. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy (Shiver, Linger and Forever) by Maggie Stiefvater. I loved that these books where set in Minnesota as that's where I live. I love the unique story in these books as well. I was so excited to find them in the library one day that I checked it out, read it and was back for the next one within a few days.
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I had a friend that ranted and raved about this book so I finally gave in and read it. I wasn't disappointed, I loved this book.
5. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. This is one that I wanted to read after I read about in Twilight. It took me awhile to finally pick up but I'm glad I did. This book was fantastic.
6. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I read this book last summer and though it was really long, it didn't feel so long while reading it. It is such a good book that keeps your jaw-dropping with twists and turns. I am hoping to pick up the second book this summer.
7. The Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer. I kept seeing this book in the library and the size intimidated me. On the third time seeing it I just picked it up and so happy that I did. I loved these books, in fact I went out and bought them all to have in my library.
8. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. I didn't know the chick lit genre existed until I started reading Sophie Kinsella and I loved every book of hers that I have read. It's like reading about a chick flick and what girl can resist a good chick flick? This was a book that my fiance had picked out for me and he did a fantastic job with this one.
9. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief/The Sea of Monsters. While I have only read these two I want to continue the series as these books were fantastic. I'm a huge fan of mythology and was so excited to see it in these books!
10. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ievy. I read this book earlier this year and it sort-of inspired me to create my blog. I loved it so much that I wanted to share it with others and what better place to do that than a blog?!