March Wrap-Up

I had a pretty good reading month this past March. I read 11 books. Here are what I've read, my rating and a quick blurb about the books:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Rating 3 out of 5 stars. I am on the fence about this book. I struggled with it greatly because I felt that there was some main information that this book is lacking. I did like the concept of the books and I liked the story, I just wish that there had been more that we learned about Mara Dyer. 

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. Rating 4 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked the incarnation concept that was the main focus of this book. The world of the book was very interesting and fun to read about, especially the dragons. I am looking forward to reading the next one and seeing where the story goes.

Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler. Rating 3 out of 5 stars. This book was something different and not what I thought it was going to be. This book is the first of four in the Riders of the Apocalypse. Therefore, I thought that this would be about the first horsemen of the apocalypse and there would be an oncoming apocalypse in this book. However, this book was mostly about the main character and her eating disorder with some paranormal thrown in. It was okay...I didn't hate but I didn't love it either.

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies. Rating 3 out of 5 stars. This is a book about angels and I wasn't that impressed with it. It was okay but I didn't love it. The book seemed to follow along the same path as many other books and I didn't feel that had many unique qualities. I don't know if I will continue with the follow up books.

Need by Carrie Jones. Rating 2.5 out of 5 stars. I struggled to get through this book. I had trouble with the writing style and I felt that at time there were chunks missing from the story. I did a full on review of this book that you can check out here. I did like the concept of the book but felt like there were parts missing.

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. I loved this book. I loved the beautiful pictures that went along with the story. I loved the characters in this book. I rented this from the library and I wish that I would have bought it so that I can have it in my personal library. This book was so beautifully written that I didn't want it to end. I would highly recommend this book.

White Horse by Alex Adams. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. This book is an adult apocalyptic novel. This book was like a movie playing out in my head and I hope it does get turned into a movie. It was full of action and twists and turns and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The love in this book is like a plant growing through the sidewalk - something that stands tough and beautiful in a rough world.

Tree of Codes by Jonathan Safran Foer. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. This book was fun to read - if you haven't opened this book up, do it the next time you are in the bookstore or library. The amazing fact that Foer created a novel out of cutting out words from another novel is incredible. It read so beautiful with thoughtful, heartfelt phrases. I loved reading this book.

The Whole Stupid Way We Are by N. Griffin. Rating 3 out of 5 stars. This book wasn't my cup of tea. The story wasn't bad, but I just couldn't relate to it or the characters. I find it hard to talk about this book because I just didn't feel much about it. It was okay.

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Rating 5 out of 5 stars. WOW! This book was an amazing end to the Infernal Devices series. If you haven't read this series, please read it (the first book is Clockwork Angel). This book is my favorite of the series, or maybe the first one is, but they are all so good. I loved, loved, loved this book!

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. Rating 2 out of 5 stars. I didn't want to read this book but kept facing pressure to read it from my friends so I fell into the pressure and picked this book up. I felt that there was a huge lack of plot in this book and though it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I still didn't particularly enjoy it.

Comments