Top Ten Tuesday #2: Books I Recommend Most

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books I Recommend Most. This was pretty hard to put together since it really depends on the person and what they enjoy, so I tried to include a little variety in here. Here goes it : )

Top Ten Books I Recommend Most

For Everyone:  The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. I would recommend for anybody and everybody. If you haven't read this, you really should - it is such a fantastic series!

For a Quick, Witty Read: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. This book is such a cute, quick read that is so fun! This book is so full of adventure and creativity that it will keep you engrossed the whole way through. It is a short book that is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon reading.

For a Fireplace Read:  The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. Yes spring has officially arrived, however if you live in Minnesota like me, that spring arrival is just a date on the calender - there is still lots of snow on the ground. This book is such beautifully written that I cannot stop thinking about it. I recommended this to my Mother in Law and she enjoyed it as well. It is a beautiful story based on a Russian fairy tale and is set in Alaska. It is perfect for a snowy, cold day sitting in front of the fireplace.

For a Summer Read:  Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. Summer is coming soon and what better than to already start thinking about what you can read on the beach? This is a perfect book to take with you for a day on the beach. The main character, Emma, is completely relate-able and will have you laughing out loud.  It is a light read that will leave you satisfyingly feeling good at the end.

For an Action-Packed Ride:  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. If you have read this book and the ones that follow you can attest that these books are full of edge-of-your-seat action. These books will get you thinking and keep you with you nose in the book until it's over with. These books are perfect for you if you love the thrill of action sprinkled with some romance.

For an Adventure Read:  The Lightning Thief by Percy Jackson. I love Greek Mythology which is what really turned me to these books but I have to say that they are more than that. These books are full of intrigue and adventure that will keep you turning the pages as fast as you can to see what happens next. I would recommend these books to those that want an adventure that will take you away.

For Action and Romance: The rest of these books are all full of action and adventure.

 Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Holy smokes is this series (The Infernal Devices) so amazing. These books are action-packed with romance sprouting up everywhere. This series will give you a love triangle that will have you genuinely torn. It will give you action to keep you reading well into the night. I cannot say enough about how good these books are.

 Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This book is fantastic. This book is full of action and feeling that will have you thinking about it even after you finished it in one day. This book has some romance in it that makes it even better. I loved Mafi's writing and felt that the story was told so beautifully through her fingertips.

 Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. This book is full of adventure with a lovely romance thrown in. As I read this book, I had a movie playing through my head that never got boring. This book had me wishing I could jump into it and join in the adventure. May I also add that Ren is definitely swoon-worthy.

 Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. This book has a beautiful cover and an even better story in those pages. This book is the start of a ride full of action and romance. I devoured this book quickly and couldn't wait to get my hands on the second one. This book will please you if you enjoy paranormal romance. The author used to be a fellow Minnesotan which is a plus : )

What books do you guys recommend?

Comments

  1. Adding Tiger's Curse and The Snow Child to my TBR now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hunger games I love it!!!!! awesome!!! the other on my TBR list....can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightshade, Clockwork Angel and Tiger's Curse are my favorites! I still need to read Shatter Me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. the hunger games, i love it!!!! and the movie wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that I receive, so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)